About The SEC
Steering Committee Members
The 42nd Annual Southeastern Consortium for Dermatology
November 2 – 4, 2018
Francis Marion Hotel, Charleston, SC
SEC Poster Symposium and Competition
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - Residents, fellows, students and all providers are invited to submit abstracts for the 42nd Annual SEC for Dermatology Poster Symposium and Competition. The SEC for Dermatology, hosted this year by MUSC, will take place November 2-4, 2018 at the Francis Marion Hotel and MUSC in Charleston, SC.
TWO REQUIREMENTS TO SUBMIT A POSTER ABSTRACT >>
**IMPORTANT – BOTH REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET FOR A SUBMISSION TO BE COMPLETE
- Complete the form at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5S5DFRM
- Email a PDF of the entire poster to email@example.com
REVIEW CRITERIA AND PROCESS
MONETARY PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE
- Posters will be judged by the following criteria:
- Originality - Posters should present new ideas and original observations worthy of sharing with attendees to the SEC meeting (5 points)
- Educational value - Posters should have an immediate teaching point(s) that will help advance patient care for the person viewing the poster (5 points)
- Presentation - Posters should be well organized and thought out. Clarity and conciseness are key. (5 points)
- Abstracts will be reviewed and graded by the Steering Committee for criteria 1 and 2 PRIOR to the meeting
- After the initial review, the top 50 posters will be invited to present their poster at the meeting in November. Acceptance notifications will be emailed by September 27, 2018. Those authors will be asked to stand by their posters to answer questions at a set time during one of the meeting breaks.
- Judges will then review and grade posters for criteria 3 at the meeting.
- Awards and monetary prizes will be presented at the meeting after the last break on Saturday.
- All abstracts, including those not given space to present, will be presented electronically.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- Best clinical research poster
- Best basic science poster
- Best clinical poster
- Best overall: one of the above with an additional stipend
POSTER SYMPOSIUM SCHEDULE
- Deadline for abstract submission is September 17, 2018, 11:59pm EDT.
- Individuals may submit multiple abstracts. ONE abstract per form.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Acceptance notifications will be emailed by September 27, 2018.
- Posters should be as informative as possible. State the specific objective of the study, the method used, the results and the conclusion.
- Standard abbreviations may be used. Explain nonstandard abbreviations in parentheses when first used.
- All financial relationships and disclosures should be clearly displayed on your poster.
- Only generic/scientific names should be used for drugs, devices and/or instrumentation. Trade names should not be used.
- Posters MUST be displayed onsite at the meeting venue 11am Friday - 11am Saturday of the meeting for judging and consideration of prizes.
- Posters MUST be 45-48" wide x 33-36" high, NO larger, NO smaller.
- It is recommended that text is printed in a dark color and backgrounds are a light color.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Friday, November 2, 2018
9:00 am - Boards available for hanging your poster(s). Check in at registration table for specific position assignment. Velcro and pins will be provided.
11:00 am - Posters must all be in installed.
11:15 am - 7:30 pm - Poster area open for judging and viewing. (Posters should be left in place overnight.)
Saturday, November 3, 2018
7:00 - 10:30 am - Poster area open for judging and viewing.
12:30 pm - Awards for posters presented in SEC general session classroom.
12:45 pm - Poster area open for poster removal.
2:00 pm - ALL posters MUST be picked up.
DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER!
All planning to attend the SEC for Dermatology MUST REGISTER, INCLUDING all participating in the poster symposium. REGISTER TO ATTEND at http://www.secdermmeeting.org/registration.php and click here for lodging details.
Past Poster Symposium Winners
Copyright 2016 by SEC